Pages

2010年4月15日星期四

PROJECT 01: PET & HOME PARADISE ISLAND



From ancient times, humans are not apart from animals. There are many kinds of animals living around us. Many people adopt them as their pets. In a sense, that is due to the care of animals. However, except eating, hunting and watching them in the zoo, we human beings need to protect them. One way to achieve this goal is to know their living habits. By using this method, we can know them better, love them better and try out best to protect them.
Fortunately, through this project, I have a chance to adopt an animal personally. It will help us to have a better understanding of the importance of animals and achieve the ability to undertake a simple planning project. What’s more, it can be related to landscape design and design principles.


I adopt two red-eared turtle as my pets. Red ear turtle like swimming, climb and bask. According to the habitat of red eared turtle, I use net with sharp wood to catch them, additionally, I use stone. The first step is to connect wood and nets. Then stick the wood into water. It could be the downstream direction so that when the turtle swimming in the water will be trapped in the net.

In order to create a place for the turtle to stay, I try my best to create an environment which can satisfy its needs. Spatial perception is very important. In addition to this, function zone and colour are also compulsory to be considered about. It can help to make better product. I prefer to use blue and white. I can make the turtles feel cool. I also use plastic to create a swimming pool so that the turtle can take a bath. The depth of water in the swimming pool is higher than the place where has white stone. The big shell is prepared for them to bask. I also put turtle stick on is so that the stick will not touch the water. Besides these points, I add some small things such as string of beads on the top of the fish tank. It looks like waves. It can show the dynamic aspect of the design concept.